Chocolate & Cherry Protein Brownies
I am delighted to let you in on a very cool collaboration between myself and The Beltsander! For those of you know don’t know The Belts (as we call him endearingly), the guy is a weapon of mass consumption and a creator of certified protein-enriched nommmmms.
The Beltsander eats a lot and what he eats is mad. Check out his Instagram feed to see what I mean. Apart from eating, he also writes e-cookbooks that feature easy, quick and yummy recipes for all kinds of tasty foods so check out his website and dig into his cooking creations! You’ll find recipes for protein fluff (a POW classic – seen her as posted last week), protein pizza, protein cakes, and more. Anyways, enough from moi! Here’s the Belts and his delicious brownie recipe for you:
Rejoice those with a low tolerance for gluten but a high tolerance for brownies!
Note: if you want to sub these into cups, download and print my handy measurement conversion guide!
200g Cooked, mashed sweet potatoes
60g Gluten free oats
40g Chocolate flavoured casein protein
25g Cocoa powder
240g Can of pitted cherries
2 Egg whites (60g)
1/2 Teaspoon baking powder
Pinch of salt (this is important so don’t omit it)
1. Preheat your oven to 160ºC/320ºF
2. Add the oats to a blender and let it run for a minute or until they resemble flour.
3. Add all the remain ingredients apart from the cherries and blitz for a minute or two until it resembles a thick batter, if the batter looks too thick at this point add a little water to thin it out.
4. Add in the cherries to the batter and pour into a square 9” cakes tin, place on the middle shelf of your oven and bake for 12-15 minutes. They should look slightly underdone and fudgy.
5. Allow to cool completely before cutting and rejoice!
Macros per brownie (out of the nine you get from the batch above: