Double Chocolate & Nut Protein Pow Bars
If you need one reason, just ONE good reason to make your own protein bars, these bars are IT!
I made a bunch of them a couple of days ago!
The recipe to make them is very VERY simple: make your dough (recipe below).
Dunk the bottom and side of the bars in melted dark chocolate:
Add peanuts on top and cover with more dark chocolate (this time using a spoon). Then, stick them in the freezer for an hour or so. Until they look like this:
That’s it! Let me give you the specific amounts:
Ingredients for the bars
25g gluten-free oat flour
20g whey protein
20g coconut flour
70g almond butter – this can be regular almond butter or a protein-enriched almond butter (if you want to end up with higher protein bars, this is a good option)
40g agave syrup
18g cocoa powder
40ml almond milk
30g dark chocolate
1-2 tbsp peanuts
1. Mix all bar ingredients together until you get a dough that you can shape with your hands. If it’s too sticky, add a tiny bit more of the mix. If it’s too crumbly, add a bit more of the milk (but watch out to not add too much!)
2. Press the whole thing into a pan and leave it in the fridge for a few hours before you slice them into bars.
3. Once they’re shaped into bars, melt your dark chocolate.
4. Dunk the bottom and side of the bars into the dark chocolate (as in the pic above).
5. Add peanuts on top and the rest of the melted dark chocolate.
6. DONE! Bliss. Gluten-free, sweetener-free, fiber-featuring, refined oil-free, junk-free and deliiiicious REAL dark chocolate coated protein bars!
Macros per bar (out of the five you get from the mix above, using protein almond butter): 204.5kcals, 17.8g carbs (out of which 3.5g is fiber!), 10.7g protein, 11.5g fat (mostly from les nut buttah!)
1. If you don’t like using grams, just convert them into cups using our gram to cups conversion sheet!