I wrote this recipe for Protein Oatmeal Bars in October and completely forgot to upload it here. I meant to do it but, you know, I let the ‘mañana syndrome’ take over and the days went by and by and until eventually mañana turned into ‘nunca’ and the bars banished from my memory…
Until this morning when I was doing a folder cleanup and BAM! I found an album titled ‘Oat Bars – Upload Me.’ Ah, the joy! I could almost taste the bars when I saw all the pics. I remember their every detail: the way they subtly crumbled when broken in half, the sweetness of the chocolate against the toffee and the umph-umph-AHHHHH of their coco-nuttiness.
1 cup Rolled Oats
4 tbsp Peanut Butter (Or almond)
1/2 cup Coconut Flakes
1/4 cup Coconut Sugar
1/4 cup Whey Protein Powder
1 tsp Toffee flavdrops
1/2 cup Almond Milk
1/4 cup Pea Protein Powder
2 tbsp Coconut Flour
20 g Unsweetened Dark Chocolate (Optional but goooood)
1. In a bowl, roughly mix all ingredients together.
2. Press the batter down onto an (ideally nonstick) brownie pan.
3. Bake at 160 C (320 F) for about 30-40 minutes or until, when poked with a knife, your knife comes out clean.
4. Melt your dark chocolate.
5. Decorate the bars with melted dark chocolate!