Chocolate Protein Feet with Eyes, Mwahahaha!
If you have kids (or if you, like me, ARE a kid), I strongly suggest you give these Protein Feet with Eyes a go. I know they’re one of the most terrifying thing you’ve probably ever seen but today is Friday the 13th! Mwahahahaha!
While they may be petrifying to look at, these feet taste absolutely sublime! So do make them – either today, tomorrow, or hey, every week for the rest of your life if you wish. They’re not only delicious, they’re also packed full of antioxidants, fiber, and zinc, vitamins, and protein. What’s not to love, right?
And you can play around with your shapes too if you don’t want to make feet. You can, for example, make protein ghosts, protein witchs’ hats, or just evil protein smilies (those are probably the easiest because they’re just… round). The point is for you to have fun with your creations and mobilize your inner child to create a grown-up version of what is, in essence, a really tasty (and funny-looking) protein bar! Here’s the recipe:
Ingredients for inside the feet
1/4 cup vanilla whey protein powder
1 cooked beetroot (70g)
1 tbsp coconut flour
5 tbsp vanilla casein (35g)
3 tbsp milk (50ml)
Ingredients for the flesh of the feet
4 squares of 85% Lindt dark chocolate
1. First, make your protein feet by blending all the ‘inside the feet’ ingredients, using a food processor or a handheld blender.
2. Shape the mix into feet (or whatever shape you choose to run with).
3. Melt your dark chocolate in a bain marie.
4. Pour the chocolate on top of the feet.
5. Then, make your eyes, nails, and mouths by just cutting the marshmallows into whatever shape you’re making. Remember that marshmallows have a sticky and a nonsticky side (see pic to the left here). What you want is to end up with the nonsticky side on the outside and the sticky side on the inside as this will then stick onto the feet (and not your hands). See the image to the left here to see what I mean.
6. Stick the feet in the fridge for 30-40 minutes or until the chocolate has set.
7. Enjoy! AND HAVE A HAPPY (or ‘spine-chilling’ rather) HALLOWEEEEEEEN!!!!!!!
Macros per foot (out of two feet):
Thanks to everyone who voted for this recipe over on the Protein Pow Facebook page! Couldn’t have done it without you.