Welcome to a guest recipe post by one of my favorite Instagramers: @jazzythings. Jasmine is an exercise and healthy cooking mastah and she’s also hilarious. If you don’t already follow her on IG, do – and follow her on facebook too! She’s really a pleasure to interact with.
Her content is tongue-in-cheek, fun, and honest, which you may think may not be that remarkable but in the world of social media, honesty is as rare as wings on a cat. Or teeth on a hen. Or unicorns. Not in the sense that ‘everybody lies’ but in the sense that most people post an incomplete – and highly idealized – picture of their own lives. But with Jas you get the whole picture and it’s a super cool and inspiring one! So do make sure you follow her and check out her site too for some awesome recipes. Like this one, for Lemon Cheesecake Protein Bars:
2 c pecans
1/4 c coconut oil
1 tbs lemon juice
1/4 c almond flour
1 scoop protein powder
12 oz Neufchatel cheese (softened)
2 egg whites
3 scoops protein
1/4 c honey
2 tbs lemon juice
zest from 1 lemon
1 tsp vanilla flavoring
Directions for the Crust:
1. In a food processor, blend the nuts until they are finely ground.
2. Add remaining crust ingredients and stir until mixture can be pressed into pan.
3. Press crust mixture into 8×8.
Directions for the Cheesecake:
1. Combine all ingredients in a food processor (or combine with hand mixer).
2. Pour cheesecake mixture over crust.
3. Bake at 350F for approximately one hour (baking time may vary; toothpick test the center of the cheesecake to ensure it is solid).
4. Chill in refrigerator for one hour. Top with additional lemon slices and lemon juice. ENJOY!
-Use any nut for the crust: cashes, almonds, and walnuts would all make great bases for the crust and add a new flavor profile!
-I used Cellucor’s Whipped Vanilla protein powder.
-Turn this lemon cheesecake into any type of citrus cheesecake! Want orange cheesecake? Simply swap the lemon juice and lemon zest for orange!
-Easily turn this cheesecake into cheesecake cupcakes. Press the crust mixture into individual muffin tins and top with the cheesecake mixture. Toothpick test for baking time.
-For 8 servings, each bar has 15g of protein!!