Dark Chocolate Protein Brownies
This is one of my two recipes that was published in the MP newsletter :-)
40g MP Brown Rice protein
25g MP vanilla whey
170g canned unsalted black beans
150g fresh egg whites
16g 100% cocoa
37g pitted medjool dates (two big ones)
Pinch of baking powder
1. Mix all of the above in a bowl and mush it all up with a blender until its smooth.
2. Meanwhile, spray a baking tray with some olive spray or rub some coconut oil on it (so the brownies don’t stick) and then put it in the oven at 150 degrees.
I like to use a cookie tray so I can make them into sandwiches by putting nut butter in between once they come out but maybe you want them taller, more like regular brownies in which case you can use a brownie-type baking tray and eat them solo.
3. After a good 5 minutes, take the baking tray out and put your protein mixture in it.
4. Bake it until a fork comes out clean; about 15 minutes or so.
5. Cut into squares. Let them cool and be amazed at the delicious moist chocolatyness that will quickly overwhelm you.
Macros per Serving (out of 8):
8.7g carb (3.6g sugars/0.9g fiber)
11.35g protein (!)
1.27g fat (0.38g sat)
Like I said, they are incredible with nut butter in between! I dare anyone to try this and not become an immediate rice protein powder fan!