Chocolate Protein Pancakes – by Joørgen J.
Here’s my protein pancake recipe!
Thing was, about every protein pancake recipe I turned to had bananas and oats in them, although this is nice and all it was not quite what I was looking for.
SO…I started experimenting with different flours and protein powders and came to this:
90g buckwheat flour
130g whole wheat flour, alternatively Orgran – Gluten-Free Stonemilled Buckwheat Pancake Mix (the pancake mix will make it slightly more fluffy and gluten free, but doesn’t matter much towards taste.)
2 teaspoons psyllium husk
4 tablespoons hemp powder (non flavour)
2 scoops sun warrior chocolate (either raw or blend, both work great with pancakes!)
1 egg/2 eggwhites
4 dl cocoa milk / alpro almond and hazelnut rice milk
2 teaspoons baking powder
Might need some water as well, depends on how thick the milk is and how thick you want the batter to be!
1. What I usually do first is to mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl, this help the protein powder mix evenly with the fluids. Add the cocoa milk and the egg and stir it together slowly.
2. Make sure nothing dry in stuck in the bottom of the bowl. Next you add water if the batter is to thick.
3. Finally it’s time to add them to the pan, I usually make em quite small so I can fit 3 at a time in a large frying pan.
Macros per Serving: N/A
I serve them with:
– Fresh strawberries and bananas
– walden farms chocolate/pancake syrup
– frozen blueberries/raspberries heated in the microwave (cheap. healthy option to jam)