Double Chocolate & Nut Protein Pow Bars
If you need one reason, just ONE good reason why you should get one of our new Protein Pow mixes, these bars are IT.
Can you make the bar without the mix? Sure. But they won’t be the exact same. That’s because, well, it’s things like these bars that I made the mix for!
Of course, you can use a random protein powder to make them and wing the rest of the ingredients. But you won’t end up with these EXACT same bars. You’ll instead end up with an approximation. Which is fine, they’ll be tasty, but they won’t be 100% like these bars.
I actually made them a couple of days ago. I made a bunch of them! And I gave one to six of my friends to try. Like a good old fashioned goof, I wrote down their answers and captured their reactions. Here they are (under pseudonyms to retain their anonymity because they’re fancy like that):
Molly: Oh my God! Anna! Oh my God!
James: This actually tastes like a Mars Bar but more chocolatey and *hmgahsghagshgs ghsgahdga, he tries to talk while chewing* can I pleeease have an other one?
Theresa: You actually MADE these? I need the recipe!
Tim: Man… I could eat these every day! It’s like dark chocolate heaven!
Amy: This must be one of the best things you’ve ever given me. What the hell. And they’re healthy!? Anna… can you make me like, 20 of them to take home?
Becky: *silence, she just stares at me wild-eyed while chewing violently*
The recipe to make them is very VERY simple. It goes like this: mix almond butter, our whey mix, cocoa, agave, and milk until you get a dough. Press this dough onto a pan. Stick it in the fridge for a couple of hours and then slice the dough into bars. Like this:
Dunk the bottom and side of the bars in melted dark chocolate:
Add peanuts on top and cover with more dark chocolate (this time using a spoon). Then, stick them in the freezer for an hour or so. Until they look like this:
That’s it! Let me give you the specific amounts:
Ingredients for the bars
65g Protein Pow whey mix
70g almond butter – this can be regular almond butter or a protein-enriched almond butter (if you want to end up with higher protein bars, this is a good option)
40g agave syrup
18g cocoa powder
40ml almond milk
30g dark chocolate
1-2 tbsp peanuts
1. Mix all bar ingredients together until you get a dough that you can shape with your hands. If it’s too sticky, add a tiny bit more of the mix. If it’s too crumbly, add a bit more of the milk (but watch out to not add too much!)
2. Press the whole thing into a pan and leave it in the fridge for a few hours before you slice them into bars.
3. Once they’re shaped into bars, melt your dark chocolate.
4. Dunk the bottom and side of the bars into the dark chocolate (as in the pic above).
5. Add peanuts on top and the rest of the melted dark chocolate.
6. DONE! Bliss. Gluten-free, sweetener-free, fiber-featuring, refined oil-free, junk-free and deliiiicious REAL dark chocolate coated protein bars!
Macros per bar (out of the five you get from the mix above, using protein almond butter): 204.5kcals, 17.8g carbs (out of which 3.5g is fiber!), 10.7g protein, 11.5g fat (mostly from les nut buttah!)
1. If you don’t like using grams, just convert them into cups using our gram to cups conversion sheet!