Banana Whey Protein Pow Pancakes
These banana protein pancakes are PERFECT: soft, fluffy, and moist. Gluten-free and devoid of ALL sugars, sweeteners, and artificial flavors. It took me a while to get the formula right for these babies but after months and months of tweaking, I finally did it!
They’re packed full of the best nutrition-dense ingredients and they taste fab. They’re not at all like some of the rubbery dry pancakes that one often sees whipped up by people that just combine whey + eggs.
These pancakes are the real deal, just whip up a batch! I actually love this recipe so much that I actually printed it on the back of our whey Protein Pow Cooking Mix! Here’s the recipe (and the pic of the back of the packaging – note: I drew all that!!!!):
1/4 (30g) Whey Protein Pow Cooking Mix (now on sale at 30%!!!!!)
1 large banana
2 eggs (or four egg whites, if you want to make your pancakes lower in fat)
1. Blend everything together using a traditional blender or food processor. Consider adding dark chocolate chips or chopped nuts to the batter if you want to take the pancakes up a notch.
2. Heat up a nonstick pan with a bit of coconut oil, low-calorie spray, or butter.
4. Flip when bubbles start to appear on the surface of the pancakes.
5. Serve with your syrup of choice! Or nut butter – or both!
Macros for the entire batch, if made with 2 whole eggs: 308.7kcals, 20.2g protein, 38.7g carbs (out of which a whooping 8.1g is fiber! So net carbs: 30.6), 9.6g fat.
Macros for the entire batch, if made with 4 egg whites: 268.7kcals, 25.3g protein, 38.9g (out of which, again, 8.1g is fiber) and 2.4g of fat.
1. This is the PERFECT recipe to have your loved one whip up for you for a Sunday Morning Breakfast in bed!
2. To up the protein in your pancakes, why not add a dollop of Greek yogurt, Quark, or Skyr on top!? Or, if you eat meat, a few rashers of bacon or ham?