Protein Banoffee Pie
I seriously had no idea whether this would work so I am really happy with the result! I mean, the recipe definitely needs a series of tweaks but Zeus be damned if this didn’t come out tasting, feeling, and (kind of) looking like Banoffee Pie!
Let me tell you what I did so that, if you want to also make it, you can work with the recipe. Just remember that, because this was pretty experimental, you’re bound to be able to come up with a series of improvements by just mixing it all up in your head and realizing “she should NOT have added that,” “I’d prefer it like this,” and so on. Anyways, here we go.
5g brown rice protein
1g wheat bran
4g hulled hemp seeds
44g adzuki beans
1g cocoa powder
18g liquid whites
2 brazil nuts
It could have been crunchier so maybe adding lots of ground nuts would be better.
1. I mushed it all up and popped it in the oven for 10 minutes while I got gym-dressed and vibramed.
2. Boom, out it came of the oven and out I went through the door. Had my workout, got home, took it out and then it was a matter of whipping up something for the body.
150g cooked sweet potato
21g chocolate hemp protein
9g psyllium husks (for the body and the goo pie factor)
a bunch of toffee flavoring
10g coconut flour
1. I layered that up on top of the ‘base’ and proceeded to make the ‘banana top’.
2. This was basically banana fluff BUT I decided to throw some Xanthar Gum (just 2gs) in there because, though I’d never used it, I knew it was good for making stuff ‘stay put’ and well, that’s exactly what it did!
3. Sprinkle cinnamon on top and -> devour!
The whole thing took me like 10-15 minutes to assemble (and maybe 5 minutes to scarf down, hehe) :-D
Macros per Serving (out of 1):
67g carbo (out of which a sweet 25g is fiber)
48g of protein
11.3g of fat (3.2g sat)