The base is simple and made up of just three ingredients.
For the base:
85 g almond butter
100 g ground almonds (almond flour)
2 tablespoons agave syrup
1. Mix together until it forms a kind of dough.
2. Then flatten into the base of a springform tin or pie/flan dish with removable side. Mine was 9 inch diameter.
For the cheesecake:
Juice and zest of one lemon, plus 4 tablespoons lemon juice
Juice and zest of one lime, plus 1 tablespoon lime juice
340 g Total Greek Yogurt 0% (sure other versions would be fine)
2 medium eggs
2 medium egg whites
3 scoops of Creamy Vanilla Casein (I use Optimum Nutrition 100% Gold Standard)
1. Mix all the ingredients together, stir, pour on top of the base.
2. Bake in an oven at 160°C for 30 to 40 minutes.
3. When it comes out it should be wobbly still. It will continue to set as it cools. If it is overcooked then all the lovely creaminess is lost and it goes a bit rubbery (not nice). If in doubt take it out at 30 minutes.
Serve with the zest of another lime for added wow factor!
Macros per Serving (out of 10):
11g carbs (of which 3g fibre)