Vegan Vanilla Chai Banana Bread Protein Muffins with Strawberry Protein Jam – by Jasmine
· 1.5 tbsp golden flax meal + 3 tbsp water
· ¾ cup spelt flour
· ¼ cup Vega One Vanilla Chai Protein Powder
· 2 tsp baking powder
· ½ tsp baking soda
· ¼ tsp stevia (or equivalent sweetener of choice) **see note**
· 2 medium bananas, mashed
· ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
· ¼ tsp vanilla extract
· ¾ tsp ground cinnamon
· 1/8 tsp nutmeg
· 1/8 tsp ginger
· Pinch of cloves
· Pinch of salt
· Chopped hazelnuts and/or toasted coconut chips (I used Dang)
1. Mix together the flax meal with water to form “flax-egg”. Set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a cupcake or muffin pan with coconut oil.
3. Process/blend applesauce, banana, flax egg, stevia, vanilla, salt and spices.
4. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, protein powder, baking powder and baking soda.
5. Add the wet ingredients to the dry, and mix together. Do not to over-mix!
6. Fill your pan ⅔ full of mixture and top with nuts or coconut if desired.
7. Bake for about 13-15 minutes.
8. Top with protein jam and enjoy!
I have only tried this recipe using stevia. Adding a sweetener, liquid or dry, with more volume or a different texture may result in a different texture in the resulting muffins.
Strawberry Protein “Jam” (Gluten-free, Vegan)
· 2.5 cups fresh strawberries (with stems)
· 2 tbs Vega One French Berry powder
· 1 tbs Vega One Natural Protein Powder
· 1-2 tsp orange juice
· 2 tbs chia seeds
· 6 medjool dates (OR stevia for lower carb)
· ¼-½ tsp vanilla extract
1. Blend all ingredients except chia seeds together until smooth.
2. Stir in chia seeds until uniform, and then set for at least 2 hours to thicken (overnight is preferred).