The 2014 Protein Pow Invention Box Challenge
I’m really excited to announce the launch of this year’s Protein Pow Invention Box challenge. This is a competition designed to test your creativity, your cooking, and your palate. The competition will be FIERCE and open to everyone – no matter what their location may be. And the prizes? Ohhh… the prizes this year are phenomenal! But let me first tell you a bit more about the competition:
The competition will be judged by:
1. You guys
2. Me (Anna Sward)
3. Adam Bornstein – bona fide superhero, NYT bestselling author, former editorial director of Livestrong, and mastermind behind the brilliant world that is Born Fitness (if
you don’t already follow Adam, ehem ehem: you must get on it!)
ned CocoHere is how the competition will work:
Below, you’ll find a list containing some of mine and Adam’s all-time favorite ingredients: this is your INVENTION BOX.
You can use ANY or ALL of the ingredients in the box but you must use at least two of them. In addition, you can use an unlimited amount of the ingredients listed in our ‘limited pantry’ below.
TO ENTER THE COMPETITION
To enter the competition, you must email me your recipe – including photos and macros (see Note below for more on this) at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “MY INVENTION BOX ENTRY.”
You have until the 30th of August to do this.
Then, in the first week of September, I’m going to publish ALL recipes here at proteinpow.com, along with a voting form for people to vote on their favorite recipe. Whoever wins 1) my vote, 2) Adam’s vote, and 3) the popular vote, will win this year’s prize: a Box of Pow Fitness.
YOUR INVENTION BOX
ned CocoTo enter the challenge, you must cook a dish – it can be either sweet or savory, using any or ALL of the above ingredients:
- Sweet Potatoes
- 1 Quest Bar (your flavor of choice)
- Crunchy Peanut Butter
- Dark Chocolate
- Ground Almonds
- Whey Protein Powder (vanilla or chocolate)
- Pea Protein Powder (unflavored)
- Casein Protein Powder (vanilla or chocolate)
- Cacao nibs
- Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
In addition, you can use as much of the following ingredients (think of them as forming part of your ‘free’ pantry):
- Heavy Cream
- Coconut Milk (from the carton – not the can)
- Oats (gluten-free or regular)
- Cow’s Milk
- Almond Milk
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Coconut Sugar
- You cannot use any ingredients that are not mentioned in the two lists above.
- The recipe must be your own – you can’t grab someone else’s recipe, let alone one that has been published elsewhere. Be original, guys!
- You must include at least one photo with your entry. Make sure it’s a good photo so you can win as much as the popular vote as possible (remember: all too often, people vote with their eyes! So consider maybe borrowing someone’s camera or getting someone else to take the photo of your dish for you).
people vote with their eyes! So consider maybe borrowing someo
ne’s camera or getting someone else to take the photo of your dish for you).
THE PRIZES (!!!)
A box of Quest Bars (you choose the flavor!)
A signed copy of The Utimate Protein Pow(d)er Cookbook
A signed copy of one of Adam’s books (you get to choose from the six he’s authored!)
A signed copy of my first cookbook
Free membership to Adam’s Getting Shredded Club
A free 20 minute consultation with Adam
All that’s left for me to say is… GOOD LUCK – and may the POW! be ever in your favor.
NOTE: To get the nutritional information for your recipe (e.g. the amount of kcals, grams of protein, grams of carbs, and grams of fat it contains), go to MyFitnessPal.com. There, you get all that data by just entering your recipe.