Orange Coffee Protein Cake – by Royston
Ingredients for the cake
¼ cup of whey (Vanilla or orange flavour)
¼ cup of wheat germ
¼ cup of whole grain flour
1 tsp of baking soda
1 tsp cream of tartar
2-3 tbsp of coffee (dissolved in some warm water)
Zest of 1 orange
Juice of ½ orange
3 tbsp of honey/agave nectar/sweetener (add more if you want it to be sweeter)
Ingredients for glazing
½ orange juice
Whey (vanilla or orange flavour)
1. Separate egg whites and egg yolk in different bowls
2. Mix all dry ingredients together
3. Whisk egg yolks, coffee, orange zest, orange juice and honey together.
4. Add in dry ingredients to egg yolk mixture.
5. Whisk egg whites till soft peak
6. Gently fold in egg yolk mixture into egg white.
7. Bake at 170 degree Celsius for 30-35 minutes
8. For the glazing mix orange juice and whey together. Add more whey if you want it to be thicker, add less if you want it to be more runny.