Cookies and Dreams No-Bake Protein Truffles – Kaci
Who doesn’t love cookies and cream? Satisfy your cravings while supporting muscle growth! Casein makes these truffles the perfect late night treat… without the guilt! Check out the macros!
2 scoops (60 g) Vanilla Casein
8-10 TBSP Unsweetened Almond Milk, divided
1 Quest Cookies and Cream Bar
Optional: Stevia, to taste (you may not need this at all depending on your protein powder)
1. Start by crumbling your Quest bar into small pieces. Set aside half of the crumbles, and place half of the crumbles in a microwave safe bowl with 4 TBSP of the almond milk (and sweetener, if using).
2. Heat in 10 second intervals, stirring each time, until the quest bar pieces are mostly melted into the milk. This should take about 40 seconds total.
3. To the melted mixture, add the 2 scoops of casein and mix as best you can with a spoon. It will still be too dry to mold at this point.
4. Add almond milk, 1 TBSP at a time, and kneed the mixture like dough with your hands (food handling gloves make this easier). Stop adding almond milk when you get dough you can mold. You may not need all of the almond milk depending on your protein powder.
5. Kneed the remaining quest crumbles into the dough.
6. Divide and roll into desired size balls. I got 15 truffles from my dough.
7. You can eat them right away, but I recommend chilling them first in the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes. Enjoy!
Note: Any leftovers (*laughs*) should keep for several days in the fridge. You could also make several batches and freeze, in which case, they should keep well for several months.
Macros: Per Truffle (Based on 9 TBSP almond milk. Also, may vary depending on your protein powder): 28kcals, 4.6g protein, 1.7g carbs (out of which 1g is fiber) and 0.6g fat!