Chocolate Orange Protein Bars (Vegan, Gluten-Free)
Welcome to a new recipe! For Chocolate Orange Protein Bars!
Chocolate + orange = isn’t that a wildly delicious flavor combination? I made these chocolate orange protein bars recently and I think you’ll love them 😋 I just had one with a tiny scoop of chocolate protein ice cream on top to make it more of a ‘dessert snack’ experience and mmmmmmmm!
The bars are very chocolatey, soft, and squishy – more like brownies than protein bars I suppose! Screenshoot/save/print it for later 👌
- 2 big tbsp (39g) roasted almond or peanut butter
- 1 scoop (24g) protein powder (I used a vanilla veggie one but any goes! Just be sure, if you're using whey, to add extra ground almonds)
- 1 big tsbp (15g) cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp (around 10g) ground almonds
- 1/8 cup (around 54ml) almond milk
- 1 tbsp (13g) maple syrup
- 1 tbsp (7.5) freeze-dried oranges
1. Just mix it all in a bowl with your hands until you get a lovely dough. If it's too wet, add more ground almonds, if it's too dry, add more milk!) Taste it to ensure it's PERFECT (but don't eat it all - you want to save it or your bars!)
2. Press the dough onto a baking tray lined with baking paper or foil.
3. Refrigerate and then slice into bars. If you want to take things further, you can then coat them in melted chocolate too!
Nutritional data per bar (out of the 4 small ones you get from the ingredients above, without melted chocolate as that’s optional): 114kcals, 8.6g protein, 5.75g carbs and 6.1g fat.