Hello! I am super super excited to share this post with you today because it features one of my all-time favorite foods: protein pizza!
You guys that have come to a Protein Pow workshop in the past know just how passionate I am about protein pizzas (check out all our workshop photos featuring pizzas here!)
Protein pizzas are really easy to make, you can top them with your favourite veggies (or even bananas!? look at this! It’s basically an oaty version of this pizza here), and they’re extremely nutritious! Seriously, protein pizzas are awesome. They satisfy any/any pizza cravings in a healthy and nutrition-packed way! It’s like having your pizza, and eating it too? In the sense of you get to eat a junk-food-tasting food but at the same time, avoid the junk food. Does that make sense???
Anyways, do join me! Or should I say us? Because there’s thousands of us out there making and enjoy protein pizzas every day 💪🍕
So get your protein out and join us! Join us in making pizza part of your diet 🤗
The second recipe is my Broccoli & Cauliflower Protein Pizza which is basically Sarah’s recipe with a broccoli twist. Both of them are a great way to sneak in extra veggies into dinner, ya know? 😉 Enjoy these ones, guys! And if you try them, let us know what you think!
Sarah’s Gluten-Free Protein Pizza Recipe
1 bag of cauliflower rice (or one blitzed up head of cauliflower)
1/2 ball mozzarella
1 large egg
1/2 tsp garlic poowde
1 tsp oregano
1 scoop (30g) of Protein Pow pea protein powder
Toppings to fit your macros!
1. Preheat the oven to 200’C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Microwave the cauliflower for 3-4 minutes (if you didn’t buy the ready bagged stuff, pop it in a bowl with clingfilm on top and pierce it once before microwaving)
3. Allow the cauliflower to cool slightly so you don’t burn your hands, then place in a clean tea towel or muslin cloth. Use this to squeeze out as much excess water as you can, before adding the cauliflower to a mixing bowl.
4. To the bowl add the egg, the mozzarella (broken into small pieces or grated) and the herbs, as well as your pea protein powder. Mix well.
5. Spread the mixture onto the baking tray and flatten with your hands to form your base. Bake in the oven at around 200’C for about 10 minutes, until it starts to go a bit golden on top.
6. Top with whatever you like to suit your macros, bake for a further 10 minutes and then enjoy! This pizza can be picked up and eaten but is best eaten with a knife and fork!
Anna’s Gluten-Free Protein Pizza Recipe
1 cup of steamed cauliflower + broccoli
1/2 cup grated cheddar
1 large egg
1 tsp rosemary
1 tsp thyme
1/4 cup pea protein powder (I also used ours!)
1. Blend everything together until you get a mush that’ll look and feel like thick mashed potatoes.
2. Spread this on a nonstick tray and bake at 220 C (around 430 F) for 10 minutes or until the crust cooks through.
3. Add tomato paste, cheese, and whatever other topping you like your pizza to have.
4. Bake at 200 C (around 390F) for another 10 minutes.
Macros per crust (without toppings as these are up to you)
Want more pizza recipes? Click here!