This recipe was submitted by Chad Hollinger (i.e. @flexible_recipes) for our Coffee Pow competition! Check it out:
5/8 cup All Purpose Flour (75 g)
45 g Vanilla Whey Protein
3 tbsp. 0 Calorie Sweetener
8 tsp Lower Calorie Brown Sugar Baking Blend (32 g) *I use Truvia
2 tsp Instant Coffee
1/2 cup Canned Pumpkin (120 g)
1/3 cup Nonfat Plain Greek Yogurt (75 g)
4 tbsp. Lite Butter (56 g)
1 Large Egg (50 g)
3-4 tbsp Strong Coffee
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
Large 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
Large 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
Pinch of Salt
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine your flour, protein powder, sweetener, brown sugar blend, instant coffee, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Mix to combine these ingredients.
3. In another medium sized bowl, add your pumpkin, Greek yogurt, melted butter, egg, coffee, and vanilla extract. Thoroughly combine these ingredients, then add to your dry ingredients and mix until there are no lumps remaining.
4. Next, evenly distribute the batter into a donut shaped baking tin. You could also use a muffin/cupcake tin, but everyone loves to eat donuts. I usually make about 8 good sized donuts with this recipe.
5. Place the donuts in your oven and bake for 10 – 12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the tallest part comes out clean.
6. These go great topped with cream cheese or dipped in a fresh cup of coffee!
Macros (per donut if you make 8): 110 calories: 7g protein, 13g carbs and 4g fat!