I tell you, you’re going to flip out when you make them. And it won’t be a silent flip out, no.
It’s going to be one of those flip out cases when one second you find yourself peacefully sitting on a chair and the next you find your head pressed up against the ceiling!
All you need to make these cookies are three low-carb ingredients: IMO syrup, whey, and ground almonds. That’s it 💁🏽 You can then flavor your cookie dough by adding different spices like cinnamon, ground ginger, cloves, vanilla beans, etc. If you don’t have access to IMO syrup or you want to learn more about it, see my note at the bottom of this post.
4 tbsps IMO syrup
1/4 cup vanilla whey protein powder (or unflavoured whey protein with your sweetener of choice)
1/4 cup of ground almonds
Flavor add-ons (HIGHLY recommended)
1 tsp ginger (optional – but phenomenal for flavor)
1 tsp allspice or mixed spice (optional – but, again, phenomenal for flavor)
1. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl until you get a dough that you can shape with your hands and cut into cookie shapes. If your mix is too sticky or wet, add a bit more ground almonds until you get to the right consistency.
2. Get out a rolling pin – or a long glass – and roll the dough onto a nonstick cookie tray or silicone mat (I just used a silicone brownie pan for this!)
3. Cut out your cookies or, if you want to take the easier route out, roll the dough into little balls and place them onto a cookie tray.
4. Bake at 180 C (around 356 F) for about 10-12 minutes. KEEP AN EYE ON THEM AFTER EIGHT MINUTES, just to ensure that they don’t burn, and take them out the second they start getting brown.
5. Allow them to cool completely before taking them o your tray and eating them.
6. If you’d like to up their aesthetics, dust them with stevia, coconut sugar, or MCT powder!
Macros per cookie (out of five, if you make traditionally cookie-shaped circular ones): 81kcals, 6g protein, 3g fat and 13g of ber out of which a whooping 12g is ber, so net carbs = 1g!
PS: If you haven’t already, make sure you download the 2016 Protein Pow Holiday Recipes ebook. I’ve added this recipe on there too :-) The ebook is an amazing collection of printable holiday goodness and you can get it for free, ho ho ho! Just head over to our shop, add the ebook to your cart, and use code HOHOPOW to get a whopping 100% off!