Welcome to a guest recipe by the wonderful Brittany Mullins! Brittany is a personal trainer and holistic health coach who writes over at www.eatingbirdfood.com. I’m super excited to feature her here on Protein Pow because her recipes are beautiful! You can tell from these cookies right here and from all the recipes that she posts on her site (click here to check them out). She’s also one of those great sunny people that you can’t help but smile with, you know? She just radiates sunshine ☀ and I urge you to give her a follow. This is her Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter if you want to go over there and say hi. But anyways, enough from me! Here’s the sweet lady herself!:
These cookies taste very similar to regular oatmeal raisin cookies – they’re spiced with cinnamon, have a nice chewy texture and a lovely hint of sweetness. The difference comes from the fact that these cookies contain no processed flour or sugar, just the natural kind found in fruit. There’s also more protein — obviously, you are reading Protein Pow! If you use gluten-free oats and a vegan protein powder, they’re also vegan and gluten-free. If you can’t stand raisins, you can leave them out and have plain cinnamon oatmeal protein cookies or if you have a sweet tooth, you can add in chocolate chips.
1 1/4 cup Rolled Oats
1/4 cup Coconut Flakes
1/4 cup Whey Protein Powder (See Note 1)
1/2 tbsp Chia Seeds
1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 cup Raisins
2 Banana (mashed)
1/4 cup Applesauce (unsweetened)
1/4 cup Coconut Oil
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, combine rolled oats, shredded coconut, protein powder, chia seeds, cinnamon and salt.
2. Add raisins and stir until everything is evenly mixed. In another bowl, combine coconut oil, mashed banana, applesauce and vanilla.
3. Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
4. Form into balls and flatten slightly into a cookie shape with your hands.
5. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the edges of the cookies are golden brown.