Do you guys remember Karmen? The Instagram wizard who created these absolutely insane Cookie Dough Protein Brownies? Yeah, well, she’s back! With her second guest recipe, this time for Brazilian Protein Cheese Puffs. If you’re wondering what Brazilian Cheese Puffs (i.e. Pão de Queijo) are, let me tell you: they’re little round cheesy breads – crispy outside, chewy inside, and nom nom nom nom, delicious. You tear them apart (or bite into them) and boooom! a cheese sensation engulfs you. Karmen said that she devoured these in under 20 minutes. How long do you think it’ll take YOU?
1 cup Pea Protein powder
2 cup Tapioca Flour (gluten free)
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
½ cup unsweetened almond milk
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon salt
2-3 teaspoon garlic granules
1 cup live free kraft cheese (or low fat mozzarella)
1. Preheat an oven to 200OC and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
2. In a bowl mix the protein, tapioca, cheese, egg, salt and garlic.
3. In a saucepan bring the remaining ingredients to the boil. Then pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix well until the batter is smooth.
4. Using a tablespoon, spoon the batter into ball shapes onto the baking paper. This batter should make 24 two-inch cheese balls.
5. Bake for 22 minutes (or until the tops start to brown).
These are best eaten hot!
Macros (per puff):