Peanut Butter & Jelly Low-Carb Protein Bars
Well, well, well. I’ve done it. I didn’t think it would be possible but, guess what? I did it. I created a really low carb protein bar. And I ate it. Scrap that, I demolished it. I almost broke into cartwheels when I bit into it. This bar is just so delicious! And the macros are pretty wild too. Per bar: 162kcals,16g protein, 8g fat and 4g carbs (most of them fiber). The bars are what they are thanks largely to two magical ingredients:
1. Isomalto-oligosaccharides (aka IMO)
2. What I like to think of as Peanut Butter & Jelly magic dust
The IMO I got from Bineutra and the wizardry from True Nutrition. I’ve linked them both at the bottom of this post and I urge you try them! And join me in my quest to protein bar deliciousness and macro-friendly wizardry.
1 tablespoon IMO syrup
1/4 cup unflavored whey protein powder (I used unflavored whey concentrate from Kinetica)
1/8 cup ground almonds
1 tablespoon smooth peanut butter (I used this ludicrous food item from Bulk Pows)
1/2 teaspoon PB&J flavoring powder
1/2 tablespoon water
1. First, heat up your IMO until it bubbles.
2. Then, add all the ingredients in there and mix it until you get a sort of soft warm dough.
3. Take this dough off the heat, transfer it to a sheet of clingfilm, and mold it into two small bars or one big one.
4. Put it in the freezer for 30 minutes and… voila!!!!!!!!!!! Soft and gooey peanut butter and jelly deliciousness.
4g carbs (most of them fiber).
1. If you want to know what IMO actually is, read my first recipe.
2. Bioneutra are soon going to launch a retail shop but, until that happens, you can contact them directly via email to order some IMO!
3. For the PB&J flavoring powder, go to True Nutrition’s website.