Peanut Butter & Jelly Low-Carb Protein Bars
Well, well, well. I’ve done it. I didn’t think it would be possible but, guess what? I did it. I created a really low carb protein bar. And I ate it. Scrap that, I demolished it. I almost broke into cartwheels when I bit into it. This bar is just so delicious! And the macros are pretty wild too. Per bar: 162kcals,16g protein, 8g fat and 4g carbs (most of them fiber). The bars are what they are thanks largely to two magical ingredients:
1. Isomalto-oligosaccharides (aka IMO)
2. What I like to think of as Peanut Butter & Jelly magic dust
1 tablespoon IMO syrup
1/4 cup unflavored whey protein powder
1/8 cup ground almonds
1 tablespoon smooth peanut butter
1/2 teaspoon PB&J flavoring powder
1/2 tablespoon water
1. First, heat up your IMO until it bubbles.
2. Then, add all the ingredients in there and mix it until you get a sort of soft warm dough.
3. Take this dough off the heat, transfer it to a sheet of clingfilm, and mold it into two small bars or one big one.
4. Put it in the freezer for 30 minutes and… voila!!!!!!!!!!! Soft and gooey peanut butter and jelly deliciousness.
Macros per Serving (out of 2):
4g carbs (most of them fiber).