Dark Chocolate & Almond Protein Cheesecake
Welcome, welcome to a recipe to die(t) for. This cheesecake is outstanding. I honestly can’t recommend it enough. And the macros, the macros! Check this out: each slice packs 10 grams of carbs, 9 grams of fat, and a whooping 30 grams of protein kaPOW! It’s as close to protein magic as one can get. I don’t know how to begin describing it. It was just delicious. It was spectacular. Eating it was a spiritual moment for me. It was emotional. It was intense. And… I almost ate the plate.
Ingredients for the base:
2 tablespoons Meridian light tahini (or almond butter)
1/2 cup ground almonds
1 tablespoons agave syrup
Ingredients for the cheesecake:
1 pot of 2% – or full fat – Total Greek yogurt (170g)
1 pot quark (250g)
1/4 cup vanilla whey (make sure you use a REALLY tasty vanilla whey like this whipped vanilla which you can get here if you’re in the UK)
1/4 cup liquid egg whites
1. In a bowl, mix all the base ingredients together. Yeah, the tahini or nut butter, the almonds, and the agave (or honey or calorie-free syrup if you want the whole thing to be lower in carbs). Once you have a crumbly mix, press it down into a small springform pan. If you want to use a medium or large pan, just duplicate the amounts for the whole thing.
2. After that, blend all your cheesecake ingredients in a bowl.
3. Pour the cheesecake filling onto the base.
4. Bake at 160 C (320 F) for about 30-45 minutes. Now, this part is important: DO NOT OVERBAKE THIS. You want to remove it from the oven while it’s still wobbly inside and feels uncooked. Don’t let it cook all the way, you want it wet inside because it sets as it cools.
5. Let it cool and then melt some dark chocolate. I melted 2 squares per slice (20 grams) of 90% Lindt (full on antioxidant goodness, baby!) and then just did my best to artfully drizzle it on top
Macros per Slice (out of 3):
I rate the whole thing as follows:
Nommage level: 10/10
I can’t recommend it enough. Flip out, you absolutely will!