Protein Mocha & Other Coffee Protein Drinks
Nowadays one can find a lot of recipes that pay tribute to the union between coffee and protein powder. So far, my favorite coffee protein drinks are these: Propane Fitness’ Creamy Banana & Peanut Low Carb Latte, Mike’s Muscle Mocha Chilli, Lee Hayward’s High Protein Coffee, or Amber’s Protein Powder Chocolate Frappucino. I myself have been a fan of combining coffee and whey for years. So, why am I posting this now? Well, because it dawned on me that there may be people out there who’ve never tried it and it’s time to let them in on this beast of a formula. Try it and be sure to play around with it. For instance, do what the guys at Propane Fitness recommend and add nut butter and MCTs to your protein coffee, consider also mixing some ice in there, and/or do what Mike does and add cinnamon (or cocoa or even chili for that extra kick of ka-POW!) You can always try my Protein Frape as well. Ahhh coffee + whey, I bow to thee…
1/2 to 1 scoop whey, depending on how protein-packed you want it (I like ON’s double chocolate best for this!)
1/4 to 1/2 cup coconut milk, depending on how milky you like it (I use Kara Coconut Milk)
1 double espresso (or two if you’re fierce like that)
1 teaspoon coconut oil
1. Whisk or blend the whey with the milk until it’s all nicely mixed (because if you mix the way straight with the hot espresso, the whey will curdle on you and who wants that?)
2. Mix the coconut oil with the espresso (so that the coconut oil melts).
3. Mix the milky whey with the coconut-oiled-espresso.
4. Reheat the whole thing or enjoy the whole thing as is.
5. Drink and levitate as you experience coffee-induced protein bliss, BAAAM!
Macros per Serving: N/A