Over at the blog’s facebook page, Lisa mentioned that she created a Pecan Cantaloupe Bread with protein pow and all I could think of is: WOW!!!! Here is her totally creative recipe! Thank you Lisa; this sounds grand! I love the idea of baking with cantaloupe; I had honestly never thought about it and it really sounds amazing; thank you a gazillion :-) Here’s her recipe! :-)))))
3 egg whites
1 cup olive oil
¾ cup honey
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 cups cantaloupe (peeled, seeded and pureed)
2 cups wheat flour
1 cup pea protein powder (unflavored)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
¾ teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons cinnamon
½ teaspoon ginger
½ cup chopped pecans – divided into to (to top the loaves)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Lightly spray two 9×5 inch loaf pans.
3. In a large bowl, beat eggs, oil, honey, vanilla and cantaloupe.
4. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, protein powder, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and ginger.
5. Stir flour mixture into cantaloupe mixture and stir to combine.
6. Pour batter into pans and bake in preheated oven 40 – 45 mins, until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
7. Let cool 1 hour before serving.
Macros per Serving: N/A
[Note: one 2 – 2 1/2 lb cantaloupe will yield 2 cups]
Yields 2 loaves = 10 slices each.