Protein Orange Almond Cake
I’m in shock at how at how absolutely delightful this turned out to be. The whole thing: WHAT. A. TREAT!
53g vanilla whey
2 egg yolks
5g extra virgin olive oil
2 egg whites
1. First, I boiled a whole (washed, obviously) orange until it was soft. When soft (so a knife went in easily), I cut off the top and bottom and cut it in half to deseed it only to discover it was seedless anyways. It then went into the food processor until a mush was made.
2. In a bowl, I mixed in 53g of vanilla whey, vanilla essence, and 2 egg yolks. Then, to this, I added 80g of roughly ground almonds, some baking powder, 5g of extra virgin olive oil and cinnamon (Yusef’s recipe doesn’t call for olive oil but I thought it’d be good; his recipe also doesn’t call for cinnamon but as you probably know by now, I can’t get enough of the stuff).
3. In another bowl, I beat 2 egg whites to stiff peaks. The orange/whey mixture was then folded into the egg whites.
4. When more or less combined, the whole thing was put on a coconut-oiled cake trey and baked for about 20 minutes at 180 degrees, (celcius).
5. When it came out (smelling insanely), I had a bite and flipped out because, well, it’s delicious!
6. After the second bite though, I thought about how it really reminded me of French Toast so I added some maple syrup to the whole thing and even more cinnamon. Oh ho ho!! I ended up getting 8 fat but small slices out of the whole thing.
Macros per Serving (out of 8):
8.2g carbos (3.25g fiber)
6.7g fat (0.7g saturated)