Protein Pancakes can be so incredibly boring, dry and tasteless. Fortunately enough, these Pancakes are a complete opposite! While still staying diet-friendly my unique Protein Pancakes come out moist and delicious. The 10 minutes you spend on producing these in the morning are well worth it.
1 scoop Cellucor Cor-Fetti Whey
3 large Egg Whites
1/2 cup Rolled Oats
1/2 Large (8″) Banana
1/2 tablespoon Baking Powder
A dash of Vanilla Essence
These will produce 8, 3-inch diameter Pancakes, more or less depending on how you spread the batter.
1. Mash banana with a small amount of water (15ml) and combine with the egg whites. This will ensure no lumps of banana within the pancake.
2. Combine the banana/egg mix and oats in a food processor, and blend until the batter is light and almost frothy.
3. Blend in the baking powder and vanilla essence.
4. Once combined, slowly add in the protein powder. Adding slowly will ensure no clumps and a smooth batter. Mix until smooth.
5. Cook the pancakes in a large pan – I always use coconut oil to grease the pan – by spooning in approximately 1tbsp of the batter for each pancake.
6. The pancakes should take around 30 seconds to cook each side, but will differ according to your pan/heat source.
Macros per Serving (out of 1):
You can usually make a few batches and freeze them if you are in a hurry in the morning. I reheat them in the microwave, covering the plate/container with a wet paper towel to ensure the pancakes stay moist.