I love the Eat to Live lifestyle diet by Dr. Fuhrman and use his principles of eating unlimited green & non-starchy vegetables & fresh berries. In order to ‘Eat to Live’ for me as a runner, spinning instructor, and middle school health/PE teacher, I also include some extra lean protein and healthy fats (like egg whites, whey protein, nuts) post-workout to help my muscles recover and keep me from getting ‘hangry’ :).
These pancakes are one of my favorites. Filled with fruit & nut flavors, no empty calories, and perfect to help recover & recharge after a morning cardio session! Very simple to make with only 4 ingredients! And just takes a few minutes to cook.
These are sugar free, gluten free, high in protein, and low in carbs (pancakes have just 1 carb for whole recipe). You can make either 1 large pancake or 2 smaller ones.
Be sure to make the jam the day before so it has time to gel overnight :)
There was also a recent research study showing that kids are more likely to eat healthy foods if they know why they are good for them. I think it’s also true for adults, so I have included a graphic with all the awesome nutritional benefits of each ingredient so you can read it as you enjoy the delicious pancakes and jam! Here is the recipe.
1/3 cup strawberry muscle egg
1/3 cup whey protein powder
6 Brazil nuts (or use just 2 Brazil nuts for the lower calorie/fat batter),
1 tablespoon tahini butter
Blend all the ingredients together, Grease skillet pan and pour batter in. Cook on medium high until bottom is golden brown and then flip over to the top side and cook until golden. Add blueberry protein jam & enjoy!
20 ounces frozen blueberries
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons Stevia
2 tablespoons Chia seeds.
1. Lightly grease a crockpot. Put lemon, stevia, & blueberries in the pot and stir so blueberries are evenly coated with lemon and Stevia.
2. Turn the pot on high and let it cook for 4 to 5 hours. Mash and stir berries until the mix is a thick liquid.
3. Add the chia seeds and stir (the mix will solidify a little and continue to work as it is refrigerated overnight).
Blueberry proteins and ingredients and directions:
1. Mix 1/2-2/3 cup whey protein isolate with 3-4 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk, & 1 tablespoon chia seeds.
2. Scoop 1/2 cup of regular sf blueberry jam into new container and mix with protein mix above.
This makes about 1 1/2 cups. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Macros per Serving: N/A