Ingredients for the base:
1 ½ cup hazelnuts
2 tablespoons any nut butter ( I use peanut butter)
1 tablespoon agave syrup
¼ cup cocoa powder
Pinch of sea salt
Ingredients for the cheesecake:
100 g of 2% Total Greek Yogurt
500 g Quark
30 g unflavored whey protein powder
125 ml pure maple syrup
2 vanilla pod, scored lengthways and seeds removed
50 ml of Frangelico italian hazelnut liqueur (my secret ingredient ;) )
Preheat the oven to 160 C.
For the base:
1. Place hazelnuts in your food processor or blender and process until the hazelnuts become small and crumbly.
2. Add the remaining ingredients and process again. Press the mixture down into a small nonstick pan and bake for about 10 minutes. Take it out of the oven and let it cool for few minutes.
For the cheesecake
1. All the cheesecake ingredients must be at room temperature. Blend together all ingredients until you get a smooth mix, pour the cheesecake mixture onto the base.
2. Bake at 160 C for about 1 hour.
3. Don’t over bake your cheesecake, remove it from the oven while it’s still wobbly inside and feels uncooked in the middle. When the cheesecake cools, it will set further and stay nice and creamy.
4. Let it cool and then melt 50g 85% organic dark chocolate and drizzle it on top with chopped hazelnuts.
5. Leave it overnight in the fridge ( if you can manage not to have a slice ;) ) and enjoy !
Macros per Serving: N/A