Ingredients for the Base
Ingredients for the Filling
250g 10% fat Brescia Organic Ricotta
240g Quark (Sainsbury’s BGTY)
30g Reflex Vanilla Natural Whey
70g Liquid Egg Whites (Two Chicks)
2 teaspoon Vanilla Powder
or 1 teaspoon Vanilla Powder and seeds from 1 vanilla pod
1.5 teaspoon Myprotein Toffee flavdrops
5 drops Myprotein Vanilla flavdrops
30g Sun-dried Organic White Mulberries
1. Coarsely chop/grind nuts (you can use a coffee grinder or a food processor), mix the base ingredients and press down evenly in a grease-proof paper lined 6″ spring form pan.
2. Blend filling ingredients and add on top of base.
3. I baked my cake for 32 mins @ 160 C (fan-assisted) with a pan of water on the shelf below the cheesecake. The pan of water acts as a kind of poor man’s Bain Marie, just to get a more uniform temperature distribution and minimize surface cracking.
4. As usual with cheesecakes, do not overbake – stop cooking when the middle is still a little wet/wobbly. In addition let the cake cool in the oven for a bit with the door open to prevent rapid cooling and mitigate surface cracking.
5. When ready, sprinkle mulberries on top and refrigerate!
Macros per Cake:
109g Protein 12g Fiber
Ricotta can be subbed with Total 0% Fat Free Greek Yoghurt to cut quite a bit of fat out, but it won’t taste as good! :P