Caribbean Cheesecake by Rhian
Ingredients for the Base:
1/3 cup coconut flour
1/3 cup almond flour
3 tablespoons cocoa butter*
1 tablespoon honey
For the filling:
1/3 cup banana
3/4 cup low fat Greek yoghurt
1 cup low fat cottage cheese
2 egg whites
1/4 cup Pina Colada Whey**
1 tablespoon shredded coconut
1 teaspoon rum essence^
1 teaspoon coconut essence^
1/2 teaspoon stevia extract
1. Preheat the oven for 160-170˚C.
2. Combine the almond flour, coconut flour and honey in a bowl.
3. Melt the cocoa butter (or coconut oil if subbing) in a small saucepan, then add to the bowl and mix quickly until the mix is moist and doughy.
4. Press the base mix evenly into the bottom of a small/medium springform pan.
5. Combine yoghurt, cottage cheese, whey, egg whites, essence and stevia in a food processor until smooth (or you can use a bowl and hand blender).
6. Finely dice the banana and stir it into the cheesecake mix before pouring into the pan.
7. Sprinkle the shredded coconut evenly over the top, then put into the oven for approximately 35 minutes. It should be slightly firm, but the center should still be soft.
8. Remove from oven and let cool. :)
Macros per Serving (out of 8):
16g carb (8g sugar)
13g fat (5g saturated).
You can reduce the fat content significantly by omitting the base.
* I used cocoa butter, but I would have used coconut oil if I had not just run out! Both will produce the similar effect, but I would imagine cocoa butter is harder to come by, so if you have coconut oil use it instead. I purchased my cocoa butter from this Australian online store:
** ‘Pina Colada’ might not be a viable option for everyone, but I feel it helped in this recipe. I think a banana flavoured whey would be nice, or coconut if available. I bought my whey from this Australian online store:
^ I live in Australia and used Queen Essence, which is available at most major supermarkets here.