Which recipe(s) for recovery during a three day event?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Anna Sward 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hi Anna,

I’m new to the world of using protein powder in cookery so I would like to start by saying thank you for a great site. The recipes are ace and the photography is top notch.

Since I’m new to this I was going to ask if you could recommend one or more recipes that would fit the following criteria?

In a couple of weeks I’m due to ride the Tour of Wessex, a three day Sportive that encompasses a total of 335 miles of cycling and included in that is almost 17000 feet of climbing.

Recovery between the days is going to be important so I was wondering which of these recipes could be made beforehand and brought down with me? Since I won’t have access to any fridge they would need to be able to keep for four or five days without being refrigerated.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance, Mike

Anna Sward

Hi Mike,

Sorry for the delayed response on this one! You might be riding now in fact, if you’re not and there’s still time, my answer would be:

Protein Truffles – without chocolate coating (rolled in nuts or coconut ideally)
    Protein Energy Bars (or energy ‘balls’) – kind of like the above but with a lot more dates in the mix for added sugars and a more ‘robust’ texture.

My next recommendation would be to make some protein wraps and stuff them with nut butters. They won’t last the duration of the event but should be good for day 1 and 2.

Finally, beef jerky or biltong! Always a hiking, camping, or sport excursion classic :-)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Check out our POWerful ingredients!

All you need to make your own delicious protein bars, protein pancakes, cookies, cakes, pizza crusts, and more!