Coffee-Toffee Granola Bars – by Kamila T.
130g rolled oats
100g oat flour
50g dark chocolate
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 scoops vanilla protein powder
30g coconut oil
25g brown sugar
150 g caramel ( I used Walden Farms calorie free caramel dip )
6 tablespoon of freshly made instant strong coffee (cooled)
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
1. In a bowl mix oats, oat flour and half of thickly crushed/ sliced almonds, baking powder and salt.
2. In a second bowl blend avocado, coconut oil, vanilla extract, egg, brown sugar and coffee.
3. Mix together wet and dry ingredients from 2 bowls.
4.Preheat oven to 180 ° C.
5. Spread half of the oat mixture onto paper lined baking tray, pressing the mixture firmly with hands.
6. Finely slice the chocolate and mix with caramel dip.
7. Spread caramel-chocolate dip over the layer of an oat mixture, leaving 1cm clear around the edges.
8. Spread the remaining oat mixture over caramel-chocolate layer without pressing to hard (so the dip won’t squeeze out).
9. Sprinkle the remaining almonds on the top.
10. Bake 20-25 minutes.
11. Let it cool and slice into bars.