Protein Banana Bread Glory
This recipe is a MUST make for everyone who likes banana bread. I’ve made variations of it four times in the last three weeks (here is the one before this) and every time, I end up mmmm-ing like a lunatic when I taste it.
It’s the kind of banana bread that no one can tell contains protein and lacks sugar, white flour, and butter. It feels and tastes like regular banana bread! But unlike regular banana bread, this beauty is extremely nutritious. We’ve been devouring it over here! Even my little girl adores it, hehe. It’s just REALLY good banana bread! It’s 100% family friendly and perfect for anyone who likes good ol’ fashioned banana bread.
I’ve thrown the recipe in the TASTER pack of the Protein Pow App (it’ll show up there tonight). Head over there and give it a star so it appears in your FAVORITES section. Trust me on it: You’ll want to make it again and again and again and will appreciate having it RIGHT there. The recipe is also here, in this post, in case you want to print it. And I’m throwing it on instagram too. That’s how much I want you to try this recipe! If you’re anything like me, it’l floor you (in a good way).
By the way, before I delve into the recipe: tickets for our first half-day London Protein Pow workshop of 2016 are now out and only a handful remain so grab one soon if you want to join us! We’ll definitely be making this banana bread!!!!! Click here to learn more and book a seat on our Protein Pow table :-)
Back to this banana bread though. Here’s the recipe in cups! To get it in grams, scroll down to Note 1 below:
1 3/4 cup whey Protein Pow Mix (see Not2 3 below for subs)
1/3 cup coconut oil
2.5 medium ripe bananas
1/4 almond milk
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup date syrup
1/4 cup honey
1 teaspoon madagascan vanilla extract (optional)
1/2 teaspoon ground sea salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup roughly chopped pistachio nuts
1 tsp Dulce de Leche natural flavoring (this is 100% optional but adds a great extra flavor note to the banana bread!)
1. Preheat your oven to 160 C (320 F).
2. Blend all ingredients together.
3. Bake in a bread pan (ideally a silicone one) until your knife comes out clean (around 40-45 minutes, usually no more than that).
4. Munch! 😋 Or set to cool and then wrap in foil. Store it in the fridge!
Macros per slice (out of 12): 199kcals, 23.8kcals (out of which 4.7g is fiber!), 8.7g protein, 8.5g fat.
1. Ingredients in grams
58g coconut oil
232g Protein Pow whey cooking mix
2.5g ripe bananas
60ml almond milk
60g pistachio nuts
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp sea salt
1 tbsp cinnamon
65g honey + 60g agave OR 125g honey OR 129g date syrup (I like the date syrup version better but it’s up to you)
2. If you can’t get your hands on one of our Protein Pow cooking mixes yet though, I suggest you try another one of my protein banana bread recipes. There’s a bunch here! Print out and make one of those – until you can get the mix! PS: We’re actually working on expanding the reach of our mixes abroad too by the way. So stay tuned if you’re in the US, Mexico, and Canada! Because these babies are heading your way BIG TIME, woooopa!