Gingerbread Protein Cupcakes
Before I made my first cupcake, I remember thinking that making cupcakes would be really hard. In fact, I thought they were totally outside my reach, in the sense that there was no way I could make them from scratch without proper training or some kind of hardcore cooking lessons. I saw cupcakes as something belonging to the baking shops, supermarkets, or… heck, TV baking shows. I thought only professionals could make them – people trained in the art of baking, patisserie, and ‘sugar-craft’. But you know what? When I made my first cupcake I realized I was wrong! Because making cupcakes – especially protein cupcakes – is dead easy. It’s child’s play really, I kid you not. All you need is one magic tool: a nozzle.
Now, this might be a totally foreign object to a lot of you and you may perceive it as something ‘other people’ – professionals especially – use. If you do, I’d like to stop you and
ask demand that you rethink your viewpoint. Listen, nozzles are incredibly easy to use and they’re available in practically all kitchen stores. They’re also dirt CHEAP. Look, you can get 24 of them for $7.41 here!
What are nozzles for? They’re for piping. And they allow you to make really cook protein frostings! Check outthe Instagram video I uploaded at the bottom of this post.
Kinda cool, huh? My goal is actually to transform each and everyone of you into proud owners of at least one piping nozzle.
They’re just fantastic and they’re all you need to transform your protein cupcakes into bona fide bites of Heaven.
THIS RECIPE HAS MOVED THE 2015 PROTEIN POW HOLIDAY EBOOK.
1. blend all of the above ingredients together using a food processor or handheld blender.
2. Bake inside 8 muffin cases at 160 C (320 F) for about 40 minutes or until, when poked with a knife, your knife comes out clean.
3. Let them cool and then make your frosting by mixing 1 cup of quark (or, again a thick greek yogurt or ricotta or even mascapone) with 1/2 cup of vanilla whey (I used Cellucor) protein powder , 1 tbsp of coconut flour, and some of the same spices above.
4. Stick your frosting in a piping back and pipe it on the muffins – like so.
5. MUNCH. Much with passion, munch with spirit, munch with conviction. Munch like you’ve never munched before!
Macros per cupcake (out of 8):
11g carbs (out of which 3.1g is fiber!)