Banana Protein Ice Cream in a Protein & Coconut Cone

This is crazy good, really, try it. If you can eat your cone right after you make it, the warmth of the cone with the cold of the ice cream is amaaazing (but bear in mind the ice cream will melt faster though, obviously). I like really thick cones but you may want to make it thinner, if so, add less quinoa flakes and less flour.

100g liquid egg whites
5g wheat bran
7g quinoa flakes
5g psyllium husks

1. Mix and cook it on a nonstick on high heat.

2. Once one side is cooked you flip it and roll it into a cone until it retains its shape. Then, you scoop your ice cream inside it and mmm!!

Banana protein ice cream:

1 frozen pre-sliced banana (never freeze it with the skin on and it’s better if you slice it before you freeze it)
1 tablespoon of peanut butter
1 scoop vanilla whey
a bit of cinnamon (you could also add grated coconut).

Throw it in the blender, scoop it into the cone and voila!

Macros per Serving (out of 1):

46.7g protein
38g carbos (21.8g fiber)
13.6 fat

Comments for This Entry

• april

That is AWESOME!! I totally have to make this tomorrow..could I use any flour for the quinoa flakes?

Oh, BTW- whats the best use for egg white protein?

February 17, 2011 at 2:56 am | Reply to this comment

• anna

I’m sure you can use any flour or maybe even oats instead of the flakes, just make sure it’s a dry ingredient with ‘body.’ Egg white protein, you mean the one you get from fitness shops right (b/c with the one you get for baking you can make meringue, mousse, SUPER puffy omelets, souffles etc). I just puff it up as much as poss. with bit of warm water and throw it into my oats, folding it as once it cooks. Sometimes I ‘reconstitute’ the powder to use in pancakes but I prefer liquid egg whites for that. I’ve used it for baking (again, ‘reconstituted’) too though which is fine. What do you use it in?

February 17, 2011 at 7:18 am | Reply to this comment

• april

Oh no- it’s actually protein powder! I thought it would work better for baking so I made pancakes but they came out dry. Boo!

February 17, 2011 at 2:53 pm | Reply to this comment

• anna

You made the cone with dry egg whites or just regular pancakes? Yeah no, egg white powder is tricky, especially the one sold in bulk (versus the baking kind). They’re odd in pancakes; haven’t mastered the powder beyond my porridge in the morning and chocolate muffins (I’ll make those soon) but yeah, how did you cook em????

February 17, 2011 at 5:53 pm | Reply to this comment

• (what runs) Lori

Seriously?! You totally just made an incredible creation here! Wow.

You have a lot of totally awesome ideas for protein powder! I’m really impressed! I want all of them. :)

What could I sub for the quinoa flakes?

February 17, 2011 at 10:21 pm | Reply to this comment

• anna

Thanks Lori!

Well, how about rolled oats? could also try rolled barley flakes or rolled spelt flakes too!

February 17, 2011 at 10:42 pm | Reply to this comment