Rocky Road Protein Cheesecake by Kevin H.
25g cashew nuts
50g coconut flour
30g cashew butter
15mL agave nectar
milk of choice
1. I crushed up 25g cashew nuts, added my coconut flour (50g) and mixed together by hand.
2. Next, add the cashew butter (30g)and agave nectar (15ml) to the mix.
3. I used my milk sparingly, adding a bit at a time to avoid ending up with more of a ‘slop’ than a more firm base, which was what I was hoping to achieve!
4.I mixed these by hand as I wanted to avoid turning my nuts into powder and keep the mix as ‘bulky’ as possible. I scooped my mix into a silicone cake tray and squashed it down with a spoon!
1 pot quark
1.5 pot Total 0% Greek Yoghurt
1 scoop Optimum Nutrition Rocky Road Whey
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1. 1 pot (250g) of quark and mixed this with 1 pot (170g) of Total 0% Greek Yoghurt. To this, I added one scoop (31.5g) of Optimum Nutrition Rocky Road flavoured Whey protein pow! Along with 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder.
2. After mixing this I became aware that this mix probably wouldn’t fill my cake tin! So, I simply added another half a pot (85g) of Greek Yoghurt, again, mixed by hand into a nice consistency.
3. I poured my filling mixture over my base and used a spoon to spread the mix evenly. Popped this into the oven for approx. 35 mins at 160 degrees until a knife (or kebab skewer in my case!) came out quite easily whilst still retaining a little of the mixture and the mix was still ‘wobbley’ to ensure over cooking and resulting in a dry whey cake!
4. Once the cake had cooled, I pulled out my jar of natural cashew butter (why I’ve never heard anyone mention this before is beyond me, amazing!) and spreaded over the top of my cake with a spoon (used approx 30g). Popped it in the fridge over night and pulled it out this morning ready for a post workout feast!
Macros per Serving: N/A